Key Largo Diving and Snorkeling Facts.
The best of the Key Largo's diving and snorkeling locations are at the John
Pennekamp's Marine Sanctuary lush coral reefs formations. In addiction you'll find
some great ship wrecks sunken in this waters open for exploration. The
most visited and popular of these dive sites in this region it's probably by no doubts the statue of the "Christ of the
Deep" in the area of the Dry Rocks Reef.
Somewhere in the coral reef is the statue of Jesus of the
Deep or the "Christ of the Deep" (a bronze 8.5" feet toll
sculpture of Jesus Christ under 15" to 25" of water)...This is one of the most
visited underwater sites in the world!
Proudly we have the John Pennekamp under water coral reefs
state park to share with a world of diving enthusiasts like you.
The recognition of Key Largo as the Diving Capital of the
World it's due to the fact that the well preserved coral reefs are only a few
miles away from shore and extend for many more miles across a vast area of the
Florida Keys, and also to the proximity of Key Largo to the Florida
peninsula. (one hour drive from the city of Miami)
Snorkeling trips from Key Largo.
Snorkeling is a good alternative to exploring the corals, and also the ship wrecks that are sunken in shallow waters, "not too deep", and mostly every one in good health, of any age, and without diving experience can do it.
Find out about snorkeling in the Florida Keys.
Whether scuba diving or snorkeling, taking a plunge into the clear
waters of Key Largo's dive sites is an amusing experience.
Where can you have a memorable Key Largo diving experience?
It's a long list of coral reefs and beautiful dive sites that
you can choose from in Key Largo, a lot of good dive shops with
experienced dive master and staff, instructional programs and charters, for the best diving adventures in America.
Dive sites along the coral reefs in Key Largo and the rest of the Keys.
the ship wrecks sunken in our coasts lines.
Key Largo has excellent dive shops,
providers of any information, training, and scuba or snorkeling tours. These are some of the best that I know:
- PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Facility. 102601 Overseas Highway MM102.5) 305 451 6322 or 877 727 5348. Located at the Head Quarters of the John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo. Scuba tours, instruction and open water certification for beginners and experienced divers (The resort course is a one day introduction to scuba diving for beginners, first part in the morning is the instructional course and then two open water dives to different locations in the afternoon)
- Pirate Island Divers.
103800 Overseas Highway. MM 103. Located behind the luxurious Marriott
Hotel and Resort in K Largo.1 800 809 9881-305 453 9881(Daily trips to the
coral reefs, ship wrecks and other great dive sites, special scuba diving
courses and PADI certification, lodging at the Marriott Hotel &
Resort, underwater cameras and equipment sales and rentals)
- Quiescence Diving Services. MM
103.6 K Largo, Fl (305) 451-2440. (Scuba and snorkeling charters to
different diving sites, equipment sales and rentals, service and repair,
their 6 passenger boats are located behind the shop)
- Ocean Divers. 522 Caribbean Drive, K Largo. 1(800) 451 1113. (Scuba
and snorkeling charters, training and instruction, PADI license, all
- Divers Direct. (The largess of scuba diving shops) 99621Overseas
Highway. K Largo(305) 451 0118
- Key Largo Dive Center. 100670 Over Seas Highway. K Largo. (305) 451 5844.
(Courses, diving trips, underwater photography instruction, scuba gear
rentals, no snorkeling trips, only for scuba diving to excellent deep dive
- Rainbow Reef Dive Center. Mile Marker 100, Overseas Highway, 305 451 7171. (Conveniently located at the busy Key Largo Resorts Marina, besides the Court Yard Marriott. Dives on reefs, wrecks,and nights, private or group charters, as well as PADI certification and courses.)
Key Largo's Related Pages:
About Key Largo.
Places to Visit.
Our Home Page.