The Tourist Attractions of These Islands.
Tourism makes to world go around, as we go around the world touring!
Which of these Florida Keys tourist attractions might be the best for you and your family on your vacation?...A good question this one! It all depends on your interest, needs, budget, time
available, and a few other factors.
have taken the time on taking note of some of the best
attractions here, as well as the most popular destinations of this vast territory, so perhaps you might like to stop by and check them out during your journey.
Key Largo Attractions.
could start our list of places to visit and attractions with
"Key Largo" Why? Because this is the first of the Florida Keys that we arrive to
when driving south from Miami into the Keys and Miami is a big point of destination from abroad with the largest International Airport in South Florida.
Key Largo, "the first of the Florida Keys"... is home of some very interesting spots.
The John Pennekamp Coral Reef, State Park and National
Marine Sanctuary. Great for snorkeling and scuba diving tours to the coral reefs, kayaking, camping, picnic,
fishing, boat tours & beach time.
- Explore and dive at the underwater statue of "Christ of the Deep “and
other dive sites including ship wrecks. Diving in Key Largo.
Dolphin Cove.Swim with dolphins.
- The Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park. Walking trails and
wild life viewing.
- The Jacobs Aquatic Center, children Aquatic playground & the Key Largo Community Park. The children play ground and the baseball field are located next to
the Aquatic Center.
- The Key Largo Resorts Marina. For scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing charters and to see the famous African
Queen. All this is located next to the Courtyard Marriott And
the Holiday Inn Hotels.
- The Pilot House Restaurant and Marina. Best food and bars.
- The Pelican Cay Harbor Marina, RV park, campground and marina.
Click here to see more of Key Largo.
Largo is a great destination for divers, eco-tourists, boaters, anglers *fishing, kayakers
and campers, and also has exceptionally good restaurants, bars, hotels and resorts.
What's in Tavernier?
that is, not too far (a few miles south of Key Largo) has two almost hidden from the public but interesting tourist attractions that we could consider.
Harry Harris Park and Beach. It's a family oriented beach and a children playground.
- The Florida Keys Bird Center. It's a rescue and rehabilitation center for injured
birds and also a bird exhibit.
Islamorada's best spots.
Islamorada being the “Sport Fishing Capital of the World"... has a lot to offer to the anglers, besides a few other things.
Theatre of the Sea. Dolphins, birds, and sea lions shows, plus regional wild life exhibits.
- The San Pedro Underwater Archeological Preserve. It's a Submerged ship wreck, great for diving, snorkeling, kayaking and a boating.
- Long Key State Park. Nice for camping on the shore line, canoeing, kayaking, fishing and kitesurfing.
- Some great underwater ship wrecks and coral reefs diving sites.
- The Bay Side Marina and The World Wide Sportsman Center. This marina offers fishing trips,
kayaks rentals, nearby restaurants, and the Sportsman Shopping Center
attracts a crowd.
- Visit the History of Diving Museum. Learn about the history and evolution of
island style cuisine it's served in the restaurants of Islamorada.
Boutiques and galleries are the attraction of shoppers and visitors.
The Village of Islamorada are a favorite romantic spot for couples on their
Or go fishing with the bests! Since the fishing tournaments and events in Islamorada are some of the hottest fishing tournaments in the entire world.
Click here to snoop around Islamorada.
What's in Marathon Key?
- I've enjoy being here for the Marathon Seafood Festival. It's the Florida Keys seafood, the
art, the music, and other entertainment in March of each year.
- Sombrero and Coco Plum beaches. These family oriented beaches are really good for sun
bathing, relaxing and walking your dog.
- The Crane Point Museum of Nature Trails. The best place to learn about the Florida Keys wild
life, nature and some history.
- The Marathon's Wild Bird Center. The Center it's located inside of the perimeters of the Crane Point Center, and is a wild bird sanctuary.
- Wheels-2-Go Kayak & Bike Rentals. The best place to rent a kayak, jet ski, boat or bike to
go around Marathon.
- The City Marina. Marathon City Marina offers boat slips, fuel, and other
services for boat owner as well as an RV park resort nearby for big rigs,
restaurants, fitness center, pool, store and other things.
- The Historic Pigeon Key and the Pigeon Key Art Festival. In Pigeon Key Henry Flagler set camp during the construction of the railroad bridge in
1908. The bridges and railroad tracks from the Florida main land to Key West, Pigeon Key at the present time is under the
care of the Pigeon Key Foundation, and it's considered a Florida Keys historic site.
- And finally since one of the most obvious of the Florida Keys tourist attractions are the seductive views that we encounter during our journey through these tropical latitudes, I will mention the area at the beginning of the seven mile bridge, by the new bridge and the old bridge, as we are leaving Marathon, traveling south US 1-the scenic highway.
here for more of Marathon.
Big Pine Key and the Lower Keys.
Big Pine Key and the Lower Keys we have a hand full of attractive locations for the naturalists, campers,and nature seekers.
Let's mention the most significant here!
Bahia Honda State Park and Beaches. It's a Florida State Park with beaches, camp sites, boat
ramps, kayaking, near diving sites, in a nice natural environment with great views.
- The Blue Hole and other eco tourist's attractions. Mainly because Big Pine Key is an
eco-tourist oriented town.
- The Winn Dixie Shopping Plaza's stores and boutiques. Pay a visit to the
Big Pine Key’s National Key Deer’s Refuge and Visitors Center located in this plaza to get
information regarding anything related to the area.
- National Key Deer Refuge. It’s all around the Big Pine Key’s and Lower Keys areas,
see the key deer everywhere, at dusk or down every day, around the neighborhoods, on the roads, and fronts and
- Annual Underwater Music Festival. Underwater Music Festival? It's a wacky event that takes place on July of every year
where musicians play music underwater wearing scuba gear and play unusual
Eco-tourism is one of the leading Florida Keys tourist attractions now and the Lower Keys have these essential elements.
for the Big Pine and the Lower Keys.
finally Key West.
- Many city attractions in Key West, the city by it self its been a big tourist attraction for a long time.
- Duval Street and the Mallory Square It's the main street and place where most of the action is, the bars
and clubs, the restaurants, the museums, and the
other streets around the area too.
- Arts & Festivals.The Key West local art exhibits, and the festivities and celebrations that take
place during the year on this busy town.
- Museums and Places of Interests. The city has a great variety of museums, historic sites and
places to visit during your visit, it would be impossible to see it all on one
- Art Galleries and Photography exhibits. The art galleries are mainly in the Old
Town area, on Duval, Simonton, and Whitehead streets or around The Sea Port.
- Key West Harbor. The Key West Harbor is allawys buzzing with activities and is next to
the Old Town.
- Shopping. Go shopping if you like for whatever you want, souvenirs, tropical
clothing, art, and anything you can imagine.
- Restaurants & Bars.( Florida Keys and worldwide cuisine and the bars where
Ernest Hemingway, Jimmy Boffett, Truman Capote, Harry Truman, and other famous spend time while in Key West)
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park and Beach.The presence of the US Army was felt
in Key West with the construction on this fort. Key West History.
- Street city artists and other attractions.
- As you can see Key West or the Conch Republic as the town locals name is one of the Florida Keys tourist attractions all by itself, you would need some time to get the whole picture of the city's glamor but any time here is a escape from the every day routine.
to take a tour of the Conch Republic.
I' am very pleased to share with you what I know about some of the most important and popular Florida Keys tourist attractions.
More About the Attractions Here!.
Website's Home Page.