'Have You Experience the Florida Keys Tropical Charm?
The Florida Keys have the quality of being widely admired,
accepted, and favored as a travel destination for the long or the short
term, because of its distinguished and special attributes.
But what makes these coral islands to have such an
acceptance and popularity? Simply because this is where the sun shines every day of the
year?..Or for other countless number of reasons?
Both, I would say!.. Being here just now gives me an insight
on the matter here discussed, and I would share it with you from now on.
The Florida Keys are in a geographic area adjacent to the
tropics, with a warm, and all year round subtropical weather.
So while the snow is falling over the roof tops of the northern states, the sun is warming the waters of the Straits of Florida.
And is a fact that it's a perfect and not so far away
vacation destination in North America… Getting here is easy! Easy!.. Accessible
by air, land or sea!
These islands were blessed with spectacular weather and a
relaxing and festive atmosphere that kept us coming back so many times... over
It's great to breathe the clean air, feel the sun and warm
breeze plus to experience the attraction of this extraordinary region of the
The weather here is just..Outstanding!
During the year, including the winter months, we have sunshine, and only when it rains the clouds would cover the sun..But only for some time.. and at the end, we always end, under the ..SUN!
Yes!.. To define climate in the areas of the Florida Keys and the state of Florida is just..very simple!
We are in the subtropics and the days are warm, with plenty of sun, blue sky..and this is the best of all but not the only reason!
Being positioned at this latitude, we have the best variety of fish, fauna and vegetation you can think of.
Palms, mangroves, tropical plants and coconut trees are a big part of the landscape.
The sea birds are every where against the clear blue, turquoise ocean's sky.
Nature has been
for me, for as long as I remember, a source of solace, inspiration,
adventure, and delight; a home, a teacher, a companion.
But what exactly are the Florida Keys?
These group of islands located in the south east of the U.S, have a mix of the Caribbean and American culture.
The Keys (as we locals prefer to say) are a coral archipelago that
begins 15 miles south of the city of Miami.
Over the years the coral turned into limestone rock that formed the base for this part of the Florida State. These islands formations extends for over 100 square miles to the southwest,
all the way to Key West, the most populated of the islands, the southernmost area of the continental U.S and a major tourists attraction.
Years ago these were a bunch of isolated islands inhabited by a few
adventurous people looking for the sunken treasures of wrecked ships
along the coral reefs, but now after years of transformation this region
is a famous traveler destination.
here had been rated as one of a kind experience by many whom after
discovering this charming territory...had fallen in love with it.
It's a great travel destination for vacations, adventures, romantic escapades, fishing competitions, wild life viewing and studying of the habitat of tropical plants and fauna, or just for plain and simple recreation.
Would you like to know what is here?
Almost everything has a lot to do with the ocean. Here is where the Atlantic, the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico are joined together by the Straits of Florida. If you like fish or fishing then you are at the right place! According to the International Fishing Association more salt water sport fishing records had been established here than in any other part of the world.
The food is excellent; fish and sea food are the main dishes of the restaurant menus, prepared by the local chefs...a la carte.
Try the very original
food recipes for fried calamari, oysters,mahi mahi, red snapper, ahi tuna, and lemon
and drinking with family and friends at these restaurants is a bliss!
We love the wine and the food festivals plus other similar events!
These are some of the most popular food and wine events that
we celebrate every year...
- The 10 Day Winter Time Uncorked, Food and Wine Festival, of
Key Largo and Islamorada, on January.
- Stone Crab and Seafood Festival, a 2 day festival in Key
Largo, on January.
- Lionfish Food and Wine Night, at the Fish House Encore, in
Key Largo, on April.
- Marathon Seafood Festival, at the Marathon Community Park,
in Marathon Key, on March.
- Taste of Islamorada Festival, organized by the Islamorada
Chamber of Commerce every year in Islamorada, on May.
- Key West Food and Wine Festival, on January.
- Annual Key West Bacchanalia, on June
- Key West Lobster Fest, on August.
- Master Chefs Classic, on January.
- Conch, Wine and Art in the Garden, at the Key Largo Conch
- Key Largo Chamber of Commerce Cook Off.
- Annual Florida Keys Seafood Festival, fresh Florida Keys
local seafood in Key West, on January.
...and some of the Florida Keys food and dishes than you'll
find at the restaurants and festivals and that will make your mouth water.
Fried Fish, Key West Shrimp, Conch Chowder, Conch Salad,
Conch Fritters, Grill Lobster, Lobster Bisque, Smoke Fish Dip, Stone Crab
Claws, Fried Clam Strips, Key West Chicken, Key West Penne, Sea Bass Cuban
Style, all this accompanied by the famous Rum Runner's Drink and the Authentic
Florida Keys Lime Pie.
So, what is here for the explorer and adventurous?
- world class sport fishing.
- excellent diving sites and coral reefs.
- a long tradition on boating.
- other activities like, kayaking and hiking.
- sightseeing the beautiful scenarios.
- music and festivals.
- some sunny beaches.
- this wonderful tropical weather.
- and lots of other tourist attractions.
A getaway from the big city stress!
The cool thing about the cities of
the Florida Keys is the relaxing and festive ambiance always present here.
An aura of interest and amusement is
present, and surrounds the visitor, whom normally gets absorbed by this holiday
So if what you need is rest and relaxation, you'll find it here. The Florida Keys are a good place to relief the stress of the big city life.
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell 'em I ain't coming' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found serenity
But you can't take the sky from me.
In the quiet and isolated areas of these breeze tropical islands you'll find peace.
These are pathways to nature, as well as playgrounds of entertainment.
Getting into this peaceful backyard loosens our spirit!
This region of South Florida receives
hundreds of thousands of tourists every year!And most
of these visitors participate very actively on the activities,
festivals and the life style of the Keys, and some are here just for
the pleasure of sightseeing and staying at the hotels and resorts.
So the good question is...Why do we love the Florida Keys?
The reasons are many...
- the experiences that we had over these year’s had been positive and rewarding.
- we thank the friendly locals, for making us feel at home any time that we set foot here.
- the incomparable and unique beautiful scenes at sunrises and sunset’s.
- the many activities that take place here...we love the rush of the experience!
- the tranquility and serenity of a natural environment...leave the big city behind!
- the festivities, the art, the intellectual nutriment and the life style.
- and perhaps is the feeling of adventure that we experience while exploring this part of the tropics.
I have been exploring this wonderful attraction for years
now, and the truth is that after being in this journey for so long
this territory is like my own back yard.
I have my own Florida Keys Experience to share with you!
This website was inspired by the mix of all this factors and the experience of real people, like You and I.
Peace & Love!
Miami Tours and Vacations
Tours en Espanol
- About The Florida Keys | Learn More About This Region Of The World.
- There is a lot more about the Florida Keys than just vacationing. What else do we know about this charming region of the tropics, and its very peculiar and unique characteristics?
- Florida Keys Attractions, Activities, Places Of Interest And More.
- Discover the Florida Keys attractions and the fascinating charm of this tropical region.
- About Florida Weather | The Seasons | The Hurricanes and The Rains.
- About The Florida Weather, the subtropics and the areas of the Florida Keys.
- About Us | All About The Florida Keys Experience.
- All About Us and the Florida Keys. How did we fell in love with this part of the tropics.
- The Key West Florida Experience | What To Do, And Where To Go, While Here.
- Key West Florida, this exotic vacation destination at the southernmost end of the continental US, is famous for its attractions and festivities, being here is a joy.
- The Natural Big Pine Key | Where The Best Eco-Tourism Is At The Florida Keys
- Big Pine Key is a place that eco-tourists and nature entusiasts will love to the max! Is a tropical region where wild life preservation is a priority
- Get To Know Marathon Key Florida | In The Heart Of The Florida Keys
- We say that Marathon Key is in the heart of the Florida Keys. Half way between the Florida peninsula and the southern point of the United States.
- An Islamorada Experience | The Fishing Capital Of The World For A Good Reason.
- Islamorada welcomes visitors from all over the world for a blasting fishing experience and is a top tourist destination.
- Key Largo Florida | Excellent Tourist Destination For Diving And More.
- Key Largo Florida, is the first the Florida Keys that you get too as you travel south over the highway US 1 roads and bridges. Is great vacation destination for scuba diving and more.
- Best Florida Attractions And Destinations | About The Sunshine State.
- The South Florida attractions are concentrated on areas well known by travelers and vacationists and some might not be so well known but worst the time to visit.
- The Florida Keys Diving Experience | Anyone Can Do It!
- The Florida Keys diving experience is for every one! Adults, children, experienced or non-experienced divers. Get the rush, the adventure!
- Florida Keys Fishing | The Big Fishing Adventures At Florida Keys.
- The Florida Keys fishing experience means a lot to the sport and recreational fishing fans. After all we are at the so called Fishing Capital of the World!
- Florida Keys Watersports and Aquatic Activities.
- The watersports and aquatic recreational activities of the Florida Keys, from a long tradition on fishing and scuba diving to the new sports.
- Florida Keys Camping And RV Traveling | A Good Option For A Good Time Here.
- All about the Florida Keys camping experience. What are the best campgrounds and RV parks? Making reservations, the rules, and other usefull information.
- The Florida Keys Beaches | Different To Other Beaches That We Know.
- The Florida Keys beaches | The natural set up and different environment are for the nature admirer.
- About the Key West Art | And The Refreshing Art Of The Florida Keys.
- The Key West Art is unique and original, and it reflects the life style of the Florida Key in general.
- Florida Keys vacation | Your Florida Keys adventure starts here!
- A Florida Keys vacation | Tips and bits that you need to know about this vacationing wonderland.
- A Florida Keys Wedding | At The Most Romantic Settings.
- A Florida Keys wedding is a special ceremony that normally takes place at some very romantic settings under a charming tropical blue sky.
- . Destination Florida Spring Break!
- Why is the Florida Spring Break so awaited? What are the best destinations?
- A Travel Guide to the Florida Keys | The Information That You Need To Get Here.
- This is a travel guide to the Florida Keys, as a way to help you get here faster and better.
- Florida Keys Map | Map Of Florida
- The Florida Keys map and of other areas of South Florida.
- The Florida Keys History | The Evolution Of The Florida Keys and Key West.
- Discover the Florida Keys history and Key West | Who was here? the early settlers, what happened on 1935 and how it all evolved into today’s Florida Keys.
- Website Policies And Legalities.
- The site policies of the Florida Keys Experince Website.
Submit your site to a premium web directory listing
for free This site is listed under Florida Directory